tag!

Rock and roll lifestyle has tagged me to do the nine quartets thingy, so I shall, because I love lists. I really do.

Four jobs I have had:
1. legal secretary at the law office of an auto insurance company - the nicest temp gig I could ever have imagined. The people were nice and fun, and the work was actually challenging much of the time. And I learned the truth about those "Have you been injured in an accident? Tell the insurance companies you mean business" lawyers: they're as dodgy as they look. Also I know how to subpoena someone. So look out.
2. organizer of math education resources at Western Illinois University (workplace of my professor parents)
3. cutterer at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign library. This is a term that means I assigned the very last digits to library call numbers.
4. piano accompanist

Four movies I could watch over and over (and by "could" I mean "do"):
1. Pillow Talk
2. Zoolander
3. Main Hoon Na
4. Mansfield Park

Four places I've lived:
1. Toronto
2. London (England) (but I was 5)
3. Nottingham (England) (but I was 10)
4. This is embarassing, but the only place I've really lived other than my hometown, where I lived from birth until going away to college, and here, where I went to college then returned to for round two of graduate school and have been living ever since, is the northwest Chicago suburbs. Sorry, suburbanites, but your area killed a little part of my soul. The only good thing I can say about it was that IKEA was nearby.

Four TV shows I love to watch (I'm limiting myself to things currently on the air):
1. The Simpsons
2. Masterpiece Theater
3. Malcolm in the Middle (when it's on after work, in syndication)
4. Sex and the City (when it's on when I should be going to bed)

Four places I've been on vacation:
1. Nova Scoita
2. Australia
3. Ravenna (it was only a day trip from Florence, but it rocked)
4. Normandy

Four of my favorite foods:
1. cinnamon almond french toast from the Original Pancake House (that's the OPH, not IHOP, you philistines)
2. the heel pieces of my grandmother's homemade bread
3. chocolate pot de creme from Radio Maria
4. pizza bianco from Jupiter

Four places I'd rather be right now:
1. Toronto, walking in Little Italy or Kensington Market
2. at Wendy's house
3. Mumbai, looking for movie stars and generally twirling about with delight at being, finally, in India
4. at work, oddly

Four sites I visit daily (this is hard, what with finally getting my Google RSS reader working and all - it's my meta-visit - so I'm going to say sites I visit really frequently):
1. gmail
2. the university library's online reference collection
3. NPR
4. BBC

Four bloggers I am tagging:
I never have anyone to tag. But if anyone who reads this wants to participate, I support you fully and will look forward to reading. Oh wait! I do have people!
1. Obi Wan
2. Accidental Fame Junkie

I rambled about other stuff too. Wanna see?

April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 May 2006 June 2006 August 2006 October 2006 December 2006 February 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 September 2007 July 2008

projects, friends, etc.

  • I love Bollywood so much that I made a separate blog for it.
  • remember when I went to Australia?
  • when you take grad school too much to heart re: literature
  • when you take grad school too much to heart re: travels
  • The Trophy Wife
  • rock and roll lifestyle
  • Why God Why
  • Technically not a friend, as not a human, but still a place I love very much, so it counts: Massey College
  • credits

  • Blog design is based largely on Not That Ugly with some ideas from Firdamatic with some additional tweaking
  • Flickr rocks! Really.
  • Hurrah for Blogger
  • And for folks trying to library-ize blogs: Blogwise and Blogarama
  • Sorry this looks like poo in Firefox. I've no idea why.